Why Join QEGSMAT?
Please have a look through our website to learn more about us, if after having a look around, you feel that the QEGSMAT is the right ‘fit’ for your school, we’d love you to get in touch. The QEGSMAT has been set up as a ‘Mixed MAT’: both faith and non-faith schools; all phases – primary, first, middle and secondary. Both Lichfield and Derby Diocese have representation with our MAT. We provide the best possible educational outcomes for all children and young people to develop and thrive, in an environment which supports students, staff and community. We strongly believe that working together rather than in isolation will accelerate the progress of school improvement and improve outcomes for all.
Maybe you are:
- A school or academy that is currently good or outstanding and you are exploring the idea of joining a Multi-Academy Trust
- An academy or school who wants to explore how support through a partnership with us would help you
- A small Multi-Academy Trust or federation who would like to explore the benefits working with another group of schools
If you would like to talk to us further about the QEGSMAT, please contact us for an informal discussion.
What do we offer our academies?
- Trust wide calendar for monitoring and evaluation;
- Regular visits from our primary and secondary Directors of Education with a focus on progress and data, school improvement, staffing, and self evaluation; School performance will be closely monitored by our education improvement team and could involve subject or phase specialists where appropriate. This is crucial in order to enable intervention to be put in place before it has a negative impact on student outcomes;
- Where an organisation requires support a detailed short term plan will be put in place with key performance indicators;
- Support and preparation for Ofsted inspections, monitoring visits, formulating the AIP and SEF as required;
- School to school support bespoke to your organisation – qualified and serving NLE and SLEs; access to a wide range of high quality specialists;
- High quality CPD, peer support and working. Cross Trust and cross phase staff working groups;
- Mentoring for new senior and middle leaders;
- Annual pupil premium reviews from national pupil premium reviewers;
- Direct access to resources, training and professional learning from the Chartered College of Teaching, Ambition Leadership, Teaching Schools and the Diocese.
- The QEGSMAT enters into a master funding agreement with the DfE; there are supplemental funding agreements for each academy in the MAT. Each academy has a delegated budget (currently 95% of the general annual grant is delegated and 100% of all other grants);
- Services provided per annum:
- Curriculum led financial planning
- Budget monitoring
- Procurement advice and support with tender processes
- Improved economies of scale
- Development of financial policies
- Financial and accounting systems
- Preparation of financial returns
- Financial advice, guidance and training