Why Join QEGSMAT?
Please have a look through our website to learn more about us, if after having a look around, you feel that the QEGSMAT is the right ‘fit’ for your school, we’d love you to get in touch. It is important that you share our values and feel that you can contribute to improving the life chances of young people in the area. We strongly believe that working together rather than in isolation will accelerate the progress of school improvement and improve outcomes for all.
Maybe you are:
- A school or academy that is currently good or outstanding and you are exploring the idea of joining a Multi-Academy Trust
- An academy or school who wants to explore how support through a partnership with us would help you
- A small Multi-Academy Trust or federation who would like to explore the benefits working with another group of schools
If you would like to talk to us further about the QEGSMAT, please contact us for an informal discussion.
What do we offer our academies?
- Use of external challenge from trained consultants inc. trained Ofsted inspectors;
- 6 visits per year – progress and data, school improvement, staffing, and self evaluation; School performance will be closely monitored by our school improvement team and could involve subject or phase specialists where appropriate. This is crucial in order to enable intervention to be put in place before it has a negative impact on student outcomes;
- Where an organisation requires support a detailed short term plan will be put in place with key performance indicators;
- Support for Ofsted Inspections, monitoring visits, formulating the SIP and SEF as required;
- School to School support bespoke to your organisation – qualified and serving NLE and SLEs; access to a wide range of high quality specialists;
- High quality CPD;
- Mentoring for new senior and middle leaders;
- Outstanding Governance;
- Direct access to resources and training from three Teaching School Alliances;
- The QEGSMAT enters into a master funding agreement with the DfE; there are supplemental funding agreements for each academy in the MAT. Each academy receives its own money – budget share
- There is a ‘membership fee’ – the guidance is 5%; this is reviewed;
- Services provided per annum:
- 6 school improvement visits
- 1 visit per month to review finance
- HR services
- Legal and governance support
- Access to policies
- Insurance, legal and procurement support
- Support with premises management
- Greater economies of scale
- The QEGSMAT has been set up as a ‘Mixed MAT’: both faith and non-faith schools; all phases – primary, first, middle and secondary. Both Lichfield and Derby Diocese have representation with our MAT.